What better way to celebrate Spring right in the heart of the city!
Our family is very excited to have the opportunity to not only bring The Log Farm back to life, as a family farm, but also provide a window into life as a pioneer in the Ottawa valley. As part of this journey we want to invite you and your family to come out and experience the excitement of Spring on the farm.
Sugar Bush season will consist of
- Visit to the historical farm site, where you can see how the Bradley family lived in the 1860’s. The farm house is set up to depict what life for a family would have been like during this period.
- The farm is a working farm so you will see all kinds of animals on the farm site.
- This year we are happy to have the original Beavertails on site for you to enjoy. (Cash only)
- We will have taffy on the snow in the Sugar Bush (cash only)
- We have several picnic tables around the farm to sit and enjoy the spring.
- There will be a bonfire on the farm site where you can warm up while eating a delicious beavertail.
- Our giant hay mountain is now a giant snow mountain, enjoy climbing and playing at your own risk.
- From the farm site, you can catch a wagon ride (tractor drawn) to the sugar bush.
- At the sugar bush, you can not only see how the pioneers would have collected and made maple syrup but you will also see maple syrup being made with modern wood fired equipment.
- We only use buckets to collect sap from the trees and your family is welcome to take a couple of pails and go and collect sap from the trees throughout the bush.
Weekends February 29th – April 5th
• Open Monday March 16th and Friday March 20th ( closed March 17th, 18th & 19th) •
9:30am -4pm * last admission 3pm*
As always, only service animals are allowed on the property (No Outside Pets )
The Log Farm, 670 Cedarview road. Nepean, Ontario